Friday, July 24, 2009

iPod Touch: Display Showing iTunes And USB Cable Symbol

Posted By: TechSlam - 9:55 AM

Share

& Comment

"i hope you can give me an answer to this question because it seems like no one else can. when i turn on my ipod touch, it shows that i need to hook it up to itunes on the screen like it does when you first buy it but ive had my ipod for about 2 years. when i connect it to itunes, itunes tells me that i need to enter my passcode on my ipod. However, i cannot do so because my screen is still telling me to hook it up to itunes. I really hope you can give me a solution to my problem quickly because its driving me crazy"

Hi
As I understand you have got an iPod Touch(Seems to be the First Generation iPod Touch).And when you turn your iPod ON, it shows the symbol of iTunes and USB cable.And when you plug your iPod in to the computer. it ask you to enter the passcode.Well not to worry about this issue.I have got to hear many iPod Touch customers facing this kind off issue.There is no known reason why all of a sudden your iPod came up with this issue.Anyways I will provide you with the troubleshooting steps which will surely resolve this issue and you can use your iPod as you always did.Lol...

In simple terms, all we have to do to resolve this issue is to Put You iPod In Recovery Mode And Restore To Factory Settings.(Note: Restoring the iPod to factory settings will delete all data from your iPod, but if you have these data(Music) in your iTunes, you can Sync it back once the restore is done ).

Please follow the following steps to put your iPod in the RECOVERY MODE and then to Restore it:
Note: Make Sure Your Computer Is Connected To The Internet.

1.Verify you have iTunes 8.0 or later. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
2.Disconnect the USB cable from the iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
3.Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPod touch to turn off.
4.Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPod Touch. When you reconnect the USB to iPod Touch, the device should then power on.
5.Continue holding the Home button while iPod Touch starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
6.When you see "Connect to iTunes"(As the picture above) on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message:
Note: If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then disconnect the USB cable from iPhone and repeat steps 3-6.

And when you see the above recovery mode message, just click on OK and then just follow the ON Screen instruction and then it will restore your iPod.

If you follow the step by step instructions, I am pretty much sure that your issue with iPod Touch will be getting resolved. These will be the exact steps which will be followed by any iPod Tech Support representative to troubleshoot this issue.

Please let me know by comments, if this has resolved the issue and if you have any further questions related to iPod or iTunes, feel free to leave me a message below.Thank you!

About Author

An Ex Apple technical support representative with wide knowledge on troubleshooting apple products and softwares. Through this website, He tries to solve querries of those who are looking for online help. This website is helping its users solve their issues since 2009.

1 comments:

Copyright © 2013 iPod,iPad & iPhone™ is a registered trademark.

Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism