Saturday, July 18, 2009

iPod Nano(4th Generation) Compatibility Issue

Posted By: TechSlam - 9:38 AM

Share

& Comment

"I was looking for help online and found your site. Here's the problem:
I have a PowerBook G4 with mac os x 10.3.9, which by now is very old and outdated, but I can't afford a new computer at this time. I never really used itunes, but itunes 7.6.2 is what came with the powerbook.
I was recently given a new ipod nano as a gift. When I try to use it, it tells me that I need itunes 8 or  higher. When I try to update to the latest itunes (itunes 8.2.1 I think), that tells me it is not compatible with my old system.

My question: is there some version of itunes that would be compatible with both my old computer and my new ipod? And where could I get that? Failing that, is there any other way to get my new ipod to work?

thank you very much."


Hi Monica, Thankyou for visiting my website and requesting for an online help. I would be very much happy to provide you with all the necessary help and support related to your question.The new iPod nano which you are talking seems to be an iPod Nano(4th generation). And you have a MAC Powerbook running os x 10.3.9. For the compatibility of iPod nano with a MAC OS , it requires iTunes version 8.0 or higher. And for iTunes 8.0 or later to be compatible with a MAC OS, it requires Mac OS X version 10.4.10 or later. For your question, Is there any iTunes version which will be compatible with Nano 4th generation, The answer is NO. Latest generation iPod runs only with iTunes 8.0 or later. So the option infront of you to make your new iPod work is to upgrade your MAC OS to 10.4.10 or Later, or else if you just want to import few songs into your iPod you can take your iPod to your friends or family computer which has iTunes 8.0.

For more information on iTunes 8.0 compatibility with MAC OS, please visit Apple website iTunes 8 Compatibility.

Hope I have answered to your question, though there was not a proper solution for it. In case you need further information, feel free to leave a comment here. Thankyou

About Author

An Ex Apple technical support representative with wide knowledge on troubleshooting apple products and softwares. Through this website, He tries to solve querries of those who are looking for online help. This website is helping its users solve their issues since 2009.

Copyright © 2013 iPod,iPad & iPhone™ is a registered trademark.

Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism